The Confederation of Australian Motor Sport Limited (CAMS) has been the custodian of motor sport in Australia since 1953.
CAMS is the National Sporting Authority (ASN) for motor sport in Australia, delegated this responsibility by the Federation Internationale de’l Automobile (FIA).
The FIA aims to ensure that motor sport is conducted in accordance with the highest standards of safety, fairness and social responsibility and CAMS, together with in excess of 120 other ASNs in over 100 nations, are committed to carrying out the mission of the FIA.
In 2017 - 2019, CAMS will advance and grow motor sport for Australian participants at all levels as the trusted custodian, developer and facilitator of sustainable, safe and fair sport.
Deliver Sustainable Financial Growth
- Redefine driver development programs and Foundation Strategy to ensure sustainability and growth
- Improvement in fiscal management of operational activities, contract management, reporting and oversight
- Ensure viability and profitability of CAMS National Racing Championships
- Grow core revenue streams: events, membership, training, consultancy, sponsorship and international events
Improve Brand and Reputation
- Make CAMS easier to deal with through continued improvement in membership services
- Increase trust from members and motor sport community through transparent, engaging and proactive communication
- Build communications, marketing and digital capacity to improve content and promotional support across all activities
- Improve reputation of CAMS entities and stakeholder relationships, including media, industry, government, FIA, circuits, delegates
Grow Participation and Membership
- Increase service to clubs to provide opportunities for growth, including simple affiliation packages and processes
- Provide clear advice and assistance to new and existing venues with respect to safety, development and risk management
- Make it easier for people to compete and officiate through improved licence / permit structures and processes
- Grow participation through deeper engagement with competitors and sound management of championships
Align Strategy, Culture and Performance
- Embed high performance culture with professionalisation of administration and alignment / engagement of staff and volunteers
- Continually improve performance standards and accountability of CAMS Officials
- Consolidate entities to build capacity in functional teams and achieve operational efficiencies
- Implement review / assessment processes to improve governance and performance of Board, Commissions, Councils and Panels